Tuesday, March 21, 2017

BLUEBONET BOOK BASH 2017 AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT - S. E. WALKER





Name: S. E. Walker
Genre: Young Adult

Tell us the name of your last published book, and tell us a little bit about it?
Fitting In (Millennial Child book 1) is a young adult novel, action/adventure, mystery/thriller with hints of paranormal about a girl who tries to fit in, but the harder she tries, the less she does.

Charlotte Finnegan James desperately wants to fit in. Her parents encourage her to act like everyone around her, but Charlotte always feels like an outsider looking in. When men come late one night to “take control” of her, Charlotte knows fitting in will forever be impossible.

After being placed into a military boarding school, a name change is the first step in taking control of her own life. Finn’s differences are evident, no matter how hard she works to appear normal. Finding a sympathetic soul in Taber McCoy helps Finn execute her plan to escape the school.

Can she continue to hide her true self from the world? Will she find sanctuary with her aunt? Can she and Taber stay ahead of the men in black following them on their race across the country?


What is your next project?
I’m working on Shedding Normal, the second book in the Millennial Child series, which will continue to follow Finn and Tabor and she learns that fitting in is for puzzle pieces and not special beings such as herself.

Now, lets get to know you better through this funny questions:

Name of your 5 favorite movies. 
The Blind Side, Pretty Woman, The Shack, Divergent series, Hunger Games series

Favorite author or actress and movie genre. 
Sandra Bullock – romantic comedy

Favorite Disney movie and song. 
Movie is Mary Poppins – Song is Let It Go

Favorite singer. 
Garth Brooks

Favorite song. 
Friends in Low Places

Favorite Kareoke tune.  
Don’t Kareoke

Tea or Coffee? 
Tea – Iced and sweet of course

Name a thing you can’t live without. 
Pen, paper and Pepsi

Cat person or Dog person? 
Dog person – just ask DivaDog

What is your favorite season? Why? 
Spring New life, longer days, and baseball.

What is your favorite kind of food dish? 
Mac and Cheese

What is your favorite love story? (book or movie)  
Phantom of the Opera

What would a movie of your life be called? 
Survivor of Hard Lessons

If a genie granted you 3 wishes, what would they be? 
USA Today Bestseller for every book from now on. Every book from here out becomes a blockbuster movie of which I get a percentage of the gross. A home, family and/or community/tribe for every person in the world who feels alone, different, or unloved.

Name a funny trait you have.  
I can’t write to songs with words because I end up typing the words instead of writing.

Your ideal romantic date would be… 
Snuggled on the couch watching a movie and sharing a bowl of popcorn

What items or edibles you need to have when you are writing a story? 
Pepsi, chips or chocolate

Favorite childhood book. 
Any of the Nancy Drew mysteries

If we Googled you, what would we see? 
Not much, I’m really a rather boring person, though there are listings for the books I’ve put out over the last 15 years.

What costume would you wear in Halloween? 
Pirate, Zorro, or Jane from Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

What do you do to help you relaxed? 
Knit, crochet, or read

Is there any specific music you listen too when you write? 
Aaron Copland, Tim Janis, or some other new age musicians.


What are your favorite hobbies? 
Again, Reading or playing with yarn and learning about energy healing

Is your last day on Earth, what would you do? 
Contact every friend and tell them I love them and wish them the best for the rest of their time on Earth. Find DivaDog a new, loving human. Make sure to clear off my computer history.

What items do you collect, if any? 
Lately it’s been crystals for healing, essential oils for healing, yarn to play with, and turtle figurines.

On a more serious note:

How long, on average, does it takes you to write a book? 
Anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of months, depending on what I’m writing

If you could tell your younger self writer anything, what would it be? 
Don’t ever give up!

What is your writing kryptonite? 
Stress

Are many of your characters based on loved ones? 
Can you mention some? Not necessarily loved ones, but a lot of my characters deal with things I’ve gone through. Finn and her growing “special talents” for example.

In your writing world, who is your favorite character and why? 
All my characters are my babies, I have a hard time singling out one, but I think it’s a tossup between Arial from my first book, 101 Borden Street, which came out in 2002, and Finn.

How would you describe your writing style? 
I write from the heart, from the gut, from the subconscious and sometimes I swear I have an angel sitting on my shoulder dictating the stories.

If you didn’t write, what would you do for work? 
I did medical transcription for 20+ years before writing full time. Not sure what I’d do now, probably something where I could help people, energy healing or Reiki.

How do you choose the names of your characters? 
They usually introduce themselves, or I will pull a name off whatever television show I might be watching.

Do you read your book reviews? How do you deal with them? 
Don’t read reviews because I end up focusing on the bad ones and ignoring the good ones.

What has been the hardest scene you have written? 
It was a scene in my second book (Maura’s Trunk) where Maura died. I cried for the rest of the day once I finished writing it.

As a writer, what is your favorite genre?  
Since I have written everything from children’s picture books to super erotic romance, my favorite is YA.

Is it the same genre you like as a reader? 
No, I read a lot of romance since I try not to read in the genre I’m writing.

As a writer, what would you choose as your mascot /avatar/spirit animal? 
A dragonfly.

How would you describe your writing? 
Great storytelling with no sex, violence or blood dripping down walls, appropriate for ages 8 to 96.

How would you describe your writing style? 
Pantster

Before we go let’s have some must needed fun

What is the first sotry that made you cry? 
Don’t remember for sure, but I think it was the autobiography of Maria Von Trapp

Theater or Movies? 
Either

Listener or talker? 
Talker

Go to movie.
Miss Potter

Go to book.
The Secret

If given a chance, who would you want to be for a day?  
A Cowboy riding the range on a sunny spring day.

Tell us something about yourselves that nobody knows about. 
I often carry rocks in my pocket.

Pool side or beach?  
Pool side

If someone made a movie about your life, what would it be called, and what genre would it be?
Stumbling in the Dark – romantic comedy

What Star Trek or Star Wars character would you be? 
Princess Leah

The Walking Dead or Supernatural?  
The Gilmore Girls

Sam or Dean? 
Sam, I guess, though I have to shamefully admit, I’m just now starting to watch Supernatural.

Anything you want to say to your readers?  
Thank you for allowing me into your computer screens! I hope you’ll stop by my table and say hello!

If you want to get to know more about author S.E. Walker here are the buy links to first book in The Millenial Child Series Fitting In.


BUY LINKS






No comments:

Post a Comment