Wednesday, April 15, 2015

***NEW AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT: ASHLI ROSE***



The purpose of this space on our blog is to bring you guys authors that are starting in this business, so that you can get to know them and the work they are trying to get to you.  So there is no reason in delaying it more we give you Ashli Rose.
SBL:  What one author is your go to author to read?
AC: Right now it is Tess Oliver.  I am obsessed with her writing.  I fell in love with her Custom Culture series and LOVED IT!!! I had gift cards, so of course I bought a bunch of her other books.
SBL:  When did you know you wanted to write books?
AC:  I always knew that I had a story to tell, but it wasn't until last year that I realized what kind of story it would be.
SBL:  Who in you life has given you inspiration?
AC:  My husband and my daughter.  My husband is an amazing man, and he does so much for my daughter and I.  I hope that through my writing I can make him and my daughter proud.



SBL:  What scenes do you find the hardest to write?

AC:  I find it really hard to write the sex scenes in my book.  Sometimes I skip them and find my way back to them.  I find it challenging to make the sex different and original.


SBL:  What one snack do you eat while writing?

AC:  Haribro Gummy Bears.  Only the red, green and white ones. Lol.  I save the orange and yellow ones for the end if I am still hungry.


SBL:  What does you family think about your writing?

AC:  Well, my mom could care less (she isn't a reader), and my dad keeps begging me to read my books.  I haven't given in to his request yet.  My husband is happy that I am following my dream but he wishes I wrote something less sexy. Lol.







SBL:  Three things you would take with you if you were on a deserted island.  And why?

AC:  Gummy Bears because I can live on them, lol, Arizona Arnold Palmer Iced Tea Lemonade because I would get thirsty and my Nook to keep myself entertained.


SBL:  Besides being an author full time what would be your dream job?

AC:  Well, unfortunately I am not a full time author.  During the day I teach Pre-K.  I always wanted to get into the publishing field.


SBL:  Where do you get your inspiration for your books?

AC:  I draw from real life when writing my stories.  Whether it's the characters or the situations, a lot of what I write is true life, with a little bit of tweaking.


SBL:  Past or present name one person you would like to meet and why? 

AC:  John Lennon.  I think he was an amazing man and artist and I would have loved to live when he was still alive.  He is a big part of my writing Hearts on Fire.









SBL:  What book could you read over and over again?
AC:  Ethan by Nicole Edwards (And may I just say, me, Beth, just had an eeeep!! moment right now, favorite book ever)
SBL:  Favorite movie of all time:
AC:  Dirty Dancing.  I love Patrick Swayze.  It's probably one of the reasons I married a man named Patrick.
SBL:  Favorite music to listen to:
AC:  I am all over the place when it comes to music.  My favorite band is The Beatles, but when writing, I find myself listening to Michael Buble or David Grey.  Right now I am really into Sam Smith (and who's not).



SBL:  Are you working on any new books?  If yes, can you give us a little teaser?

AC:  I am. I am currently tossing around ideas for the third and final book in the Hearts on Fire series.  It is titled Wounded Hearts.  It follows Elise Kingston-Barry, the oldest Kingston sister as she tries to come to terms with some upsetting family news.  Throw in a sexy Army Vet and we have a pretty steamy and emotional final book.


SBL:  Where would you like to be with your writing in five years?

AC:  I would LOVE to have written a best seller.  I am still tossing ideas around what could become a best seller, but nothing has stuck out to me yet.


SBL:  How would you describe yourself and your writing style?

AC:  I am a scatter-brain, lol, I don't do outlines, I don't make notes I just write.  I don't think I have a particular style.  I like to think that I write about things that could happen  in reak ufe and my readers feel like "Hey I know someone like that" or "I know how that feels."









SBL:  If given the opportunity to work with other writers, name five writers you would die to work with:

AC:  Oh m gosh!! I don't know if I could narrow it down to just five, but let's see.  L. B. Dunbar, Beth Maria, Amy Stephens, Tess Oliver, and Nicole Edwards.  I have about 10 others that I could add to this list.


SBL:  Are you planning on attending author events, if so which ones?

AC:  Not at the moment.  I made a new year's resolution to promote my books more, and I would love to attend some events.  I was set for two, but I had to back out because of family functions.


SBL:  Which authors would you go completely "fangirl" on if you met them?

AC:  I already had my "fangirl" moment when I met Nicole Edwards in November in NYC at a signing.  I cried, lol.  I told her that she was the reason that I started writing and I gave her a big hug.












HEARTS ON FIRE


BLURB

It has been five years since Ava Kingston left her parents’ house in New Jersey. She ran and never looked back, all because of one night. One night that could’ve changed her life forever. Now living in Chicago, working as a journalist, Ava thinks her life is finally where it should be. She is working toward a promotion, has a great family, and a few amazing friends. What more could a girl want? Just when Ava comes to a calming sense of closure in her life, her past reappears in the form of the Hunks in Uniform calendar. Will Ava’s feelings for this fearless firefighter resurface against her better judgment? Or will Ava try to forget the one person she ever really loved?


Gavin Sawyer is a Chicago firefighter who is stopping many women’s hearts as a model for the Hunks in Uniform calendar. Gavin only tried out for the calendar because of herthe one person who knew he was worthy of such prestige. He knew how much she wanted him to do it, but then she was gone. Without a warning, Ava left Gavin behind with a broken heart and bruised ego. He loved her, but she ran. One night separated them forever. Now, five years later, Gavin will stop at nothing to win her back. A chance encounter with Ava sets his heart on fire and proves that old feelings really do die hard.



 







THE LAW OF LOVE


BLURB

Bree Kingston’s life isn’t all it seems to be. Everyone around her sees a beautiful, successful, confident woman who always goes after what she wants, including men. Hidden behind this façade, Bree has a secret that has been following her for three years. It has become Bree’s obsession, and it’s one that can cost her everything.


Ever since Louis Mercado came into Bree’s life things have been different. Always the perfectionist, Bree finds herself struggling to be everything Louis needs and more. Bree’s secret finds a way to push into the present and threatens to come between them. Will Bree’s dark secret overcome her, or will her and Louis prove that love conquers all?






 COMING SOON

WOUNDED HEARTS






ASHLI ROSE 

I






No comments:

Post a Comment