Thursday, November 27, 2014

**~**~**NEW AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT**~PAWNIE SANTANA

I felt there was a space missing out there, so I decided to create this new section or space on my blog to help get the word there not only about books, but also about new authors, that often have great stories to tell, but as people don't know them sometimes their books won't get a second look
So I give you Steamybookslover first New Author Spotlight...

PAWNIE SANTANA


 
SBL:  What one author is your go to author to read?
PS:  I love me some Harper Sloan! Corps Security is one of my favorite series to read EVER! I have literally read that series over and over when I’m in a reading rut.
SBL:  When did you know you wanted to write books?
PS:  I read A LOT! So, naturally I started to get my own ideas. One day, I sat down and started to write and it was like word vomit coming from out of nowhere. All I knew was that I wanted to write what I myself would want to read. I wanted to feel like I was seeing everything through the characters. It was then, after writing a few chapters of my book, that I knew… this is it. This is what I want to do.  
SBL: Who in your life has given you inspiration?
PS:  I think everyone in my life has inspired me in one way or another.  I don't think just one person in my life could sum up that answer.  It's from the loyal friends who cheer me on, to my family who are just happy that I've found writing.

SBL:  What scenes do you find the hardest to write?

PS:  OMG… the sex scenes to me are definitely the most challenging! I say that, because as a writer, you don’t want it to sound redundant or played out. Ya know? Can you imagine how many different sex scenes there are out there? All I know is that for me, I wanted it to feel   real! Not only a fantasy but a real fantasy. Does that make sense?    
SBL:  What one snack do you eat while writing?  
PS:  I gotta say I do love some sunflower seeds. Those damn things are so addictive!  

SBL:  What does your family think about you writing?  
PS:  They love it!! They’re convinced this was my calling. They are all super supportive and really happy for me. That’s why I decided not to use a pen name. I’m really proud of my writing even though it’s a little naughty at times and I have no qualms about people knowing it was me who wrote that.  

SBL:  Three things you would take with you if you were on a deserted island. And Why?
PS:  My iPad, a solar charger and candy. My iPad because ALL my books are on it. I mean, what the hell are you going to do all day? Read of course! A solar charger for obvious reasons… and candy. I have the biggest sweet tooth known to man. I HAVE to have my candy.
         
           SBL:  Besides being an author full time what would be your dream job?
PS:  It would have to be pastry chef. I love to bake. I used to bake all the time, ever since I was around 13. I guess Home Ec in junior high really stuck with me... or maybe it was just the eating. I like to eat.  


Teaser #2: Bared With Me Series Book #1 Bare to You







SBL:  Where you do you get your inspiration for your books?
PS:  I read a lot of unsavory things going on in the world today. A lot of this stuff is happening in our own backyard. I wanted my book to be fiction, but I also wanted it to be realistic. I grab my inspiration from everywhere… literally! Mostly, it’s just all in my head. I have a pretty weird imagination.   

SBL:  Past or present one person you would like to meet and why?

PS:  LOL! Ok, so I could give you a really watered down answer, or I could keep it real. With that said, I’m gonna keep this shit real. JJ Watt any time, any day!  He’s a football player with the Texans (I live in Texas) and he’s my ultimate crush. He’s not only easy on the eyes, but he’s a genuine person, a great role model, hard worker, and humble.  
  
JJ Watt


 
JJ Watt

SBL:  What book could you read over and over again?
PS:  Fighting for Flight by J.B. Salsbury. I just love that book! I love the whole Fighting Series.

SBL:  Favorite movie of all time?
PS:  Goonies hands down! I’m an 80’s baby. I can’t help it.

SBL:  Favorite music to listen to?
PS:  It really depends on the day but it’s usually Country. When I write, I love Lana Del Rey, John Mayer, Michael Buble… it varies. My taste is a bit all over the place.
            SBL:  Are you working on any new books? If yes can you give us a little teaser?
PS: I am indeed! I’m working on book two of  Bare With Me which is titled Bare To You. It will wrap up the story of  Liam and Peyton from book one.



 
Teaser:  Bare To You  Book #2 in the Bare with Me Series




SBL:  Where would you like to be with your writing in five years?
PS:  Honestly, I don’t care if I make it as a best seller, or get recognized for my books. The ultimate goal for me, is for the reader to love my books and appreciate the writing. I want the reader to finish the book and say… damn! That was a great story.
SBL:  Give me three reasons to buy Bare With Me.
PS:  1) It’s got a solid mixture of everything all rolled into one book. Humor, suspense, and romance.
        2) It includes a dual POV throughout the story because to me, it’s important to know what goes on inside the mind of both the heroine and protagonist.
        3) The sex scenes are HOT!! Need I say more?

            SBL: How would you describe yourself and your writing style?
PS:  I’m pretty boring. I like to stay home and read. I’m definitely an indoors kind of girl. I live in Texas, so for 10 months out of the year… it’s just too damn hot and humid. My writing is really unconventional. I don’t really write anything down besides the random notes I have on my phone. There’s no outline of the story. No pre-writing… I just sit and start typing. That’s when the best stuff comes out. I almost feel like when I “try” to think of things… that’s when I come to a dead end, and get writer’s block. So instead, I put on some music, sit on the couch and let it roll.
SBL:  If given the opportunity to work with other writers, name five writers you would die to work with.
PS:  Callie Hart, J.B. Salsbury, J. Daniels, Harper Sloan, andSandi Lynn
SBL:  Are you planning on attending author events if so which ones?
PS:  Currently, I am not. I feel like as an author, you need to have more of a solid fan base… or have had your book out long enough to be recognized in order to attend author events. There is one coming up in Oklahoma next year that I’d love to go to just as a fan.

SBL:  Which authors would you go completely “fangirl” on if you met them?
PS:  I’d have to say E.L. James. She’s the first author that really got me loving this genre. Can you imagine if FSOG never did what it did? lol



Synopsis

With a past that haunted her, the last thing Peyton Somers ever expected was to fall for a handsome, charming man. She wanted to live her life happily alone, dedicating her time to a career she loved with a passion. Peyton had everything she could ever need... amazing friends, loving parents and the control over her life she worked damn hard to get. But what do you do when fate steps in and makes other plans for you?

He's a successful COO of a family owned commercial development company. Liam Powers has every advantage in life growing up in a privileged and influential family. He has access to all the women he could ever want, unlimited funds and endless freedom. He can do, say and be whoever he wanted... until the day he met a woman he simply couldn't forget. A stranger who captured his attention, consuming him with the need to know more.

A woman like that never comes without a story. What he didn't anticipate, was how much of her story was never told.

When reality goes head to head with fate... Who will come out the winner?
  
Buy Links for Bare With Me


Stalk an Author







No comments:

Post a Comment